Friday, April 13, 2012

The Diablo 3 plans of us full-time working gamers

[:1]I often read the D3 release plans of kids and students.

Ofc they can shut themselves in and play through the night, but I can't.

On release day, I'm probably going to:

-pick up the game in the evening after work

-install and read Blizzard's posts about how their servers are burining and nobody can connect to the game for an undefined amount of time

-go to sleep

-get up and work

-finally get to play for 2-4 hours

-go to sleep hungry

Thank god I don't have a girlfriend or I would probably only play a bit on weekends.

Any players here have a wife/kids? How will you manage to play without ****ing up your relationships?|||I'm thinking about taking a week or two off after it's released, since I do have quite a lot of annual leave owing.

If not, I'll probably be playing for a few hours after I get home from work each day and at the weekend.|||Quote:








Any players here have a wife/kids? How will you manage to play without ****ing up your relationships?




I plan to try to get her hooked.|||Quote:








Any players here have a wife/kids? How will you manage to play without ****ing up your relationships?




I remember interview with Jay Wilson (can't find it now :|) saying that when he got a job in Blizzard, he got back to home and said to his wife he bought her a plane ticket and told to go to her mother, becouse he will be busy playing Diablo 2.

It might help you !

And as for your kids... Get him/her another Diablo 3 copy and tell him/her: Farm itemz for me kid !!!!1111|||I will order it online if possible, and play it an hour here and there until I have a weekend I'm not going anywhere, and then maybe I will get 5 hours in.|||Quote:








Any players here have a wife/kids? How will you manage to play without ****ing up your relationships?




I have prepared my girlfriend accordingly by explaining just what Diablo is and how big it is. She is well aware Diablo III will suck up my life. She's mildly intrigued by the entire thing, so that helps. Anyway, our relationship has survived my short WoW addictions, so this is nothing.|||I'm lucky enough that the Mrs. will be playing along side me. I'll probably use a sick day or 2 for the release but I probably won't be able to get more then that off.|||It's tough managing RL and still keeping up my casually hardcore gaming habit. I have less time to play, but that time is my precious. Usually late night after everyone is in bed.|||Quote:










Thank god I don't have a girlfriend or I would probably only play a bit on weekends.

Any players here have a wife/kids? How will you manage to play without ****ing up your relationships?




Girlfriend shouldnt stop you from doing the things you like :P

I wont take time off work to play either. Im hoping I can get a download before release so I can play it as soon as it goes online.|||I dont know how Id feel having my girlriend play beside me. Diablo is like my 'me' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment