Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shared wallet for all chars? - Page 2

I didn't think of it that way. I hope they don't share stash between HC and SC, and I wouldn't expect them to allow it.

I really wish they would give out a lot more information about hardcore mode. The unfortunate feeling I get is that the mode has been more or less an afterthought to the developers since the beginning, and I suspect some at Blizzard would rather it not even exist at all.|||Quote:








I don't see the problem really. Sure, you start out in rags and no money. But that's only an issue for about 10 minutes of playing. After which you have bought your tomes of identify and town portal, and then you forget about gold entirely. That's how it was for me in Diablo 2 at least. I wouldn't bother spending gold on a new character. If I have some low level gear of passable quality I might dress up the new char some, but that's about it.




Thats true for D2 which throws gold at you with no reliable gold sinks. That will not be the case and it looks like gold could be a much coveted resource even beyond your first normal playthrough, especially if you level artisans & gem gear as you go. I think that whole side of the game is more interesting and involving if you have to work for it. Others will simply want to be done with it as fast as possible.|||I'm of two minds. On the one hand, it is fun to start with the rags on your back. On the other hand, in WoW I and everyone I knew always sent a few gold pieces to a new character. (In Diablo II we send whole armor sets.) Having the stash (or whatever) be shared just means that you don't have to take the time to mail gold to yourself.|||Yeah it seems this will just be a way to eliminate mules a bit more, as they are an outdated mechanic. People that still find it fun to start with nothing can RP that way and do it on their own, just like before.|||Quote:








Yeah it seems this will just be a way to eliminate mules a bit more, as they are an outdated mechanic. People that still find it fun to start with nothing can RP that way and do it on their own, just like before.




Yep this is my stance. If you honestly don't like it then set an amount of gold and acquire that before you allow yourself to get into your stashed gold and shared stash. I mean the stash is shared anyways all your gear will be there so what difference does it make if your gold is not there.

Its the same argument of well I can't reroll a char because i only need two of them. No one is stopping you from deleted your char and making it over if thats what you want. Same as no one is stopping you from not using your gold or shared stash items.

my 2 yen.|||Quote:








Yep this is my stance. If you honestly don't like it then set an amount of gold and acquire that before you allow yourself to get into your stashed gold and shared stash. I mean the stash is shared anyways all your gear will be there so what difference does it make if your gold is not there.

Its the same argument of well I can't reroll a char because i only need two of them. No one is stopping you from deleted your char and making it over if thats what you want. Same as no one is stopping you from not using your gold or shared stash items.

my 2 yen.




Right on. Many of the complaints about the game so far are related to player mindset. If you want, you are welcome to play the game in your own way. You can never change your skills etc and reroll a new character every time if you think that's a fun way to play. Because other people don't have that limitation should not negatively impact you.|||Quote:








Right on. Many of the complaints about the game so far are related to player mindset. If you want, you are welcome to play the game in your own way. You can never change your skills etc and reroll a new character every time if you think that's a fun way to play. Because other people don't have that limitation should not negatively impact you.




Yep thats what im sayin. Everything is there, but it is upto YOU, the player ,to decide how to play.|||I don't mind the idea. Kind of like being able to mail your other characters gold in WoW...there are still level restrictions on gear.|||After your 1st play through all this becomes irrelevant anyway. Since you will have mules set up to hand off gold and gear to all your new characters anyway. This is just removing one step in the process that already exists for a majority of the playing community.|||I seriously doubt HC will share with SC, that just isn't right, for gold or items. You shouldn't be able to safely farm for your HC characters gear in SC. but I haven't seen them mention it anywhere, maybe someone should ask bashiok on twitter or the forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment