Saturday, April 21, 2012

Would you pay to get beta access? - Page 3

Beta, demo, whatever you wanna call it.. Daddy want |||I'm perfectly fine just waiting for the game to be released so I can enjoy it to the fullest. Playing it in beta would kind of spoil it for me, if you know what I mean. I know my patience will pay off in the end.|||I'd definitely pay some to play the beta. I have no good games I can play and am bored as hell.|||Quote:








Beta, demo, whatever you wanna call it.. Daddy want




Don't feel alone, i've been waiting 11 years, I'd toss a $5 bill to play beta if I had to lol.|||Being that there are 4 acts and 4 difficulties and the demo is one third of act 1 normal, I would pay 1/48th the price of the game for it. Anymore than that then probably not.|||I would let myself be paid but pay to play beta. Yeah not so much.|||tbh, ill pay to play the beta if it dont cost much (like 15-20 dollars). Reason? coz i really want to know how it will play at where i am (Perth, Australia), so that i know if it is worth to buy the real game. Ill be pissed if i pay 150 dollars on release, and the game has a min 500 ms ping.|||Quote:








It's a Beta, not a demo. Also, i think it might be a proper beta not a marketing beta. The reason Blizz will allow a certain portion of playerbase play the unfinished product, is to test the game. Not to sample it before buying. Sigh... Why did i have to explain this?

Onto the topic. I would pay diddly-squat. If i get into the beta, that's cool. If not, then that's cool too. After all it's a BETA not a DEMO.




No, it is a demo. A beta would contain the entire game, and not 1/32nd of it. Further if a beta did contain only a tiny fraction of a game, it would pick something other than the least interesting fraction, that being the first half of act 1 normal.

A beta would test the entire game, not normal attacks and low level skills.|||Hell no. Paying to play and unfinished product which you then have to pay for again at release is dumb in my opinion.|||Quote:








No, it is a demo. A beta would contain the entire game, and not 1/32nd of it.




Noo... It would contain the portion of the game that requires testing. In this case it's the Online and System Requirements, therefore you don't need much game content to test that. I'm pretty sure that you'll encounter big packs of monsters to test how your pc and connection reacts to that.


Quote:




Further if a beta did contain only a tiny fraction of a game, it would pick something other than the least interesting fraction, that being the first half of act 1 normal.




How do you know that Act 1 is the least interesting one? You played it yet? Having said that, there were numerous mentions in various interviews that they'll be releasing only a small part of the game not to spoil the plot/enviroments of the first acts. Not to mention that they'll strip the beta of all major plot points, so the game is... unspoiled on release. And i cannot blame them for that. After all it's a beta test. You're supposed to test, not sample the game.


Quote:




A beta would test the entire game, not normal attacks and low level skills.




Apperantly there's no need for that. Blizzard must have tested internally all the high level content. I guess i have to repeat again. The beta test isn't for game content, but online capabilities.

If you need any quotes for what i said, i'm sure you can find them on this very site with no problems. Just as you would find definitions of "Demonstration Version" and "Beta Test Version" on google.

No comments:

Post a Comment