Saturday, April 21, 2012

Next D3 community blog - The Sin War Trilogy

Looks like Blizzard's web team has made a goof. The next blog post looks like it was supposed to go up today (8/31/11 @ 6:32pm) and cover "The Sin War Trilogy". They updated some of the sidebars to show it, but the link is dead.

What do you think? Just going to be a plug to buy the novels? Or, are they going to detail some lore up to the beginning of Diablo III?

Here's a pic (see the bottom entry), or you can go here to see it in the sidebar.

|||From a lore point The Sin War Trilogy was pretty interesting for a fan of the Diablo series.

However, from a purely critical stance the novels were absolutely awful. Knaack has a knack (ba-dum-tish!) for making completely loathsome protagonists.

I don't think I've ever hated a character in a novel as much as I hated Uldyssian...it made the series extremely hard for me to finish due to how badly written and irritating he was.

I would like to see a clean, organized summary of all the events that took place in the novels since I read them a couple years back and am not up to reading them again, well, ever.

Final verdict: probably a plug to get people to buy the novels in lieu of the impending DIII beta- I'd advise you don't and just find a summary online somewhere instead, they aren't worth the time and money.|||They goofed like that with the resource systems page as well. It went up on the sidebar I think a day or two before the actual blog did.

But as for its content, I agree with Drytchnath.|||I think they are going to release it as a single volume like they did with warcraft's War of the Ancients trilogy.|||Agree with Drytchnath, Uldyssian was irritating, and the series as a whole was a wasted opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment