Thursday, April 19, 2012

Alternate soundtrack for D3

I think D2 had pretty good music and ambiance setting from it, definitely made for a cool demon killing experience. And I think Diablo III will top that and be awesome too, very fitting for a first play-through.

But did anyone else like me ever try turning off the music (not the sound fx) and throw on some rock music or something fast and intense like that? There's nothing like throwing down to Avenged Sevenfold in high level duels, it's a different & exhilarating game experience because its so fast-paced, and really makes for a new playstyle.

(immediately made a light sorc and tele-chased this enigma barb all over Act 4, ripping through the Steppes lighting up monsters the whole way in a duel that lasted a whole song (Natural Born Killer, A7X))((even found + killed Izual in the process)) ...so intense, was white-knuckling my keyboard + mouse the whole time

Fun change up from the slow and depressive (albeit very thematic dramatic and fitting) usual background sound. What would be a stoopid sick alternate compilation soundtrack for D3?

Better yet ARENA soundtrack!?

  • A7X: Scream, Almost Easy, Bat Country, Beast and the Harlot, Burn it Down

  • Godsmack: Greed, Whiskey Hangover, I Stand Alone

  • Disturbed: The Night, Down With The Sickness



Where are my rock fans at? What would make D2/D3 more intense and fun!?|||I intend to listen to the Ecco the Dolphin soundtrack, "Songs of Time," while I enjoy Diablo 3.|||Well, I think best solution would be to have integrated playlist where you can import your music...where you can decide which music would play in town, outside the town, arena, dungeon, boss fights in each act ..would be interesting to see playlists of other players |||If the D3 soundtrack is as good as the D2's it will take quite a while to get bored with the music. Anyway, I usually listen to live football commentary while playing D2 nowadays. Go figure.|||Quote:








But did anyone else like me ever try turning off the music (not the sound fx) and throw on some rock music or something fast and intense like that?




*raises hand*

After the first few playthroughs I played D2 while listening exclusively to some rock music in the background. It's kinda dangerous in Hardcore though, since sometimes it gets me so pumped up that I lose my sense of danger completely. I lost quite a few HC chars because of this but still, listening to something like Zombie Slam by Pain or Blitzkrieg by Deathstars while playing Diablo is a different experience altogether. |||Quote:








But did anyone else like me ever try turning off the music (not the sound fx)




Heh I did... with plenty of music styles though...

The last thing I tried with D2 was playing with *some* Cirque du Soleil music (of course the mystic and dark ones, not the clownie ones), and it works interestingly...

Before, I did with some instrumental metal I found, worked nicely...

Once just for fun, tried with Starwars music... it was far too odd xD

No comments:

Post a Comment