Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Am I the only one who dislikes the overuse of the word: "Hero"? - Page 2

Yeah, they should call you chickenchaser till you have accomplished something|||I don't see the point of this thread, to be honest who cares if it's called heroes/god or characters.

it's pointless.

Anyway, i'll keep my on this thread|||Clearly they are using "hero" in the literary sense where it refers to the main character in a story. Which you are, in Diablo, obviously.|||Quote:








I don't see the point of this thread, to be honest who cares if it's called heroes/god or characters.

it's pointless.

Anyway, i'll keep my on this thread




Obviously the OP had something they wanted to talk about. If a thread is pointless mods or admins will close it. If you see a thread as pointless then don't post in it.

Thanks|||personally I prefer Protagonist. But that's because I am a douche.|||When in text, it's fine. When NPCs start using it to refer to the player character in voice as "hero," it grows annoying. When enemies start using it, it becomes overwhelmingly cheesy.

|||Quote:








When in text, it's fine. When NPCs start using it to refer to the player character in voice as "hero," it grows annoying. When enemies start using it, it becomes overwhelmingly cheesy.






Damn. Prepare yourself for some awful dialogue, everyone. Sheesh.|||A well placed, sarcastic/mocking "hero" is fine. But Blizzard's writing department forgot the meaning of subtlety when WoW came out, I think.|||i dont like hero.

it's a title that should be earned, not something thats established from the start like some comic.|||As long as they don't call it a 'Toon I'm perfectly happy, I detest that word. and I hate ERRYONE who uses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment