Thursday, April 19, 2012

Town portal out of the game but ...

Hello guys,

Ok, town portals are out of the game and I do believe it's a good solution to make the game harder than Diablo 2 (because we could bought heal potions anytime from town).

But, what can we do now in Diablo 3 if i'm joining a game that have been started 1 hour ago to joined the group ( if i dont have the waypoint )?

I've heard that we can drop our banner on ground, so a party member could ''teleport'' right there. Therefore, i'll be able to joined the group to fight with them. Is it true?

This is the banner that i'm talking about : http://i.imgur.com/Cl8Z4.jpg|||Quote:








I've heard that we can drop our banner on ground, so a party member could ''teleport'' right there. Therefore, i'll be able to joined the group to fight with them. Is it true?

This is the banner that i'm talking about : http://i.imgur.com/Cl8Z4.jpg




Your banner will stay in town. When someone join, he will be able to click on it and get teleported to you.|||If i'm using the stone of recall to teleport in town, Do I have to use that ''special portal'' if I want to return in my quest that � was doing ... ?

I found these informations about the ''banner system'' :

The banner has a function in the game, other than simply looking neat. The player may place their banner on the ground (default hotkey for this is "E"), and it will show up somewhere in the safe area/town that their friend is in. The friend or party member may then click on the banner in order to teleport to that player.

Source: Diablo.incgamers.com|||they said there is a system to teleport directly to any other player in the game world from town. and as mentioned tp's are in the game in the form of the stone of recall|||Quote:








If i'm using the stone of recall to teleport in town, Do I have to use that ''special portal'' if I want to return in my quest that � was doing ... ?




There is no special portal that returns you to where were before you used the Stone of Recall, so you can only return to the nearest waypoint or to one of your friends in a multiplayer game. The SoR itself is a one-way street, so to speak.|||Oh ok, I understand now :-)

Thanks buddy|||@Hardrock - Actually, I don't think that's entirely true. I can't say 100%, because my memory is failing me, but I actually think it opens a portal up when you get to town to return to where you were.

You can use waypoints to go to another waypoint OR warp you to your last checkpoint.|||Quote:








@Hardrock - Actually, I don't think that's entirely true. I can't say 100%, because my memory is failing me, but I actually think it opens a portal up when you get to town to return to where you were.




I'm basing what I've said about the Stone of Recall on this post by Bashiok:




Blizzard Quote: (Source)




They could 'escape' whenever they wanted before. It was just a hike back to town, and if that's what they wanted to do, they'd do it - portal or not. Say you're out of health potions and know you're going to need some because a super tough boss is coming up that always murders you, you're more likely to trek it back to town than throw yourself against it and risk multiple durability losses. Really all it does is make it less annoying to get back to town when you need to, but, getting back to where you were is still going to be a chore. Waypoints are spread out enough where if you peace out near a boss you're going to have a decent walk ahead of you to get back to where you were, which is why it's best to enter a dungeon prepared than to rely on the stone of recall to jump back to town midway through.










Quote:








You can use waypoints to go to another waypoint OR warp you to your last checkpoint.




Right, forgot about the checkpoint part.|||I'm out of the topic, even if it's my thread ... but I would like to know if it's right to say you can be revived in Hardcore when you died?|||Hardcore characters can't be revived, ever. If they die, then they're dead. PvP may turn out be an exception to this, we'll see. By the way, if you have questions about the game then search the wiki first, you may find the answers you're looking for. Thanks to a couple of people it's constantly updated to include the latest information on the Diablo games.

No comments:

Post a Comment