Thursday, April 19, 2012

Diablo series dead after a few x-packs - Page 2

I disagree. I'm no business major but I think any company would benefit from diversifying. I mean, McDonalds doesn't ONLY sell Big Macs...or something. I think it would be foolish to try to recreate the WoW experience every time, especially since there are definitely people out there who just don't want that. I'm sure Kotick would love to have three separate 12 million player MMOs though...|||You guys are probably right, thankfully. I'm just afraid that the surface has barely been scratched when it comes to mmos. Imagine an mmo so diverse and wide open as far as playability that it could actually be like real life. One player could join the virtual army to fight the other player who just joined a group of rebels. One could be oblivious to that war while engaged in his own turf war over drugs. Yet another could take a totally non violent approach as a race car driver. O e could be a cop that busts drug lords and race car drivers that speed when they are not at the "track." one could be a business owner that sells virtual donuts to said cop. And they all coexist within one virtual universe...|||D3 better not follow TF2.

I cannot stand hats.

...

Wait a minute...

|||Imagine a future with jetpacks and hoverbikes! HOVERBIKES!!!|||I maybe off by a few months but I believe Diablo 3 has had a longer development cycle than World of Warcraft. I think Blizzard feels Diablo 3 is a mmo! It seems they feel every game should have some sort of monthly fee no matter what type of game it is. I really doubt the game will be dead but I think the more interesting question is that what happens to the game if the RMAH is a total fail ?|||Then they do their best to keep making giant profits by selling millions and millions of xpacs.|||We get a more obnoxious monetization scheme.|||History will probably repeat itself. D3 and SC2 are gasping out of Blizzard in 2010 and 2011 (maybe?) because they ended up focusing on WoW when they would have otherwise launched in 2005 and 2006. Maybe we will have D3 and SC2 for the next couple of years, then they'll both be sidelined by Titan. Who knows.|||You guys are talking about Diablo 3 fading and its not even out yet, we didnt even get to play and enjoy it! Give yourself a break and play D3 until your eyes bleed!

There is plenty of time!|||Quote:








I maybe off by a few months but I believe Diablo 3 has had a longer development cycle than World of Warcraft. I think Blizzard feels Diablo 3 is a mmo! It seems they feel every game should have some sort of monthly fee no matter what type of game it is. I really doubt the game will be dead but I think the more interesting question is that what happens to the game if the RMAH is a total fail ?




...Nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment