Friday, April 13, 2012

Best place to buy D3? Pre-order, BNet?

[:1]I was on amazon today and i didn't know it sells for 30GBP (35€ or so).

Thats like half the 60€ i had in mind for digital purchase on battle.net..

So my questions:

If i buy pre-order on amazon or anywhere else for that matter, i can add the "game-key" to my battle.net account, so it would be completely the same as a digital purchase and i could download the game client from bnet, or would i be forced to install from the dvd and then patch etc? Any SC2 experience to help me figure this out i would greatly appreciate.

Is it safe to assume the game would arrive on release or a day or two before? (that's what i heard usually happens with pre-ordered games on some topic i think).

And last, for the sake of discussion, have you pre-ordered, online or store? are you considering still? or will you buy it on bnet?|||As soon as you have access to the CD-Key or the installation files themselves, you can install (or download, then install in case of the key) Diablo 3 and wait until it is activated.

So, Battle.net purchase will probably be the "safest" in that you are guaranteed a preload with no shipping shenanigans. Other retailers will depend, I guess. When/how they give out the key, when you get the copy itself, etc.|||The last 2 games I preordered from Amazon arrived before the day of release. I then installed the game from the files and only went online to patch. The servers were extremely bogged down as it was so adding huge game files to the mix did not seem like a good idea to me. Plus I had the game ready to go at midnight.

My worst experience with blizzard was with the release of burning crusade. SC2 was easy mode no issues with log on or patching. I am also an Amazon prime member so I get free 2day shipping and 3day only costs $2 so they are easily my 1st choice.|||I preordered D3 from Futureshop in Canada and it's free shipping when it's over 20$|||Meh, I'm going to buy it from the local Gamestop and be there at midnight release. B.net would make the time I have to wait to play it about 30 minutes shorter, but I'll live. I'd like to have a nice CE box or something. Then again, I live in Portland, OR, so the line at midnight release could be an hour or so...ughhhh... Might even have to get there super early to have a spot where I'm not at the back of a line stretching several blocks. This sounds like a bad idea.

The again, how popular is Diablo really? And I'm not sure hipsters play Diablo.|||Quote:




The again, how popular is Diablo really? And I'm not sure hipsters play Diablo.




18+ million copies sold popular.|||I get it from my local gaming store, they have always been reliable and open at midnight (Australia) for Blizzard releases so that we get it as soon as possible.

I really like the special/collectors box versions of games .. though I have been buying more off Steam lately.

Edit: If you don't care about the box .. buy it from Blizzard. You will get the game sooner and more profits go to Blizzard than a middle man |||For people from US buying from Blizzard store can be good idea...

But when you live in Europe it's not so great. For some unknown reasons Blizz think that 1$ = 1Euro. So for example SC2 in US cost 60$ and in Europe it cost 60Euro, which is around 87$ (bascily 45% more) and thats quite a lot.

Plus where I live recently Blizzard changed distributor, so we don't know for what price it will be and can't pre-order.|||Same in Australia.

as of right now 1.00 AUD=1.06585 USD

and sc2 cost just under 90 bucks in store. WTF!!

Thats 96 USD for watching a very predictable cgi movie. So glad I didnt buy it LOL|||preordering the CE when it releases at a local gamestop which is a block from my house so i can see who is gonna be at midnight release !

No comments:

Post a Comment