Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Am I the only one who dislikes the overuse of the word: "Hero"?

Disclaimer: I'm not a basher, I love D3 almost to every extent, and been defending it throughly since the beginning; therefore this is not a hate thread please...

___



Alright, let me say things straight... The overuse of the word "Hero" instead of, say, "Character" has been troubling me a bit, ever since we had nice UI shots...





So, in my little opinion, the word is far too exaggerated and over the top and all, while using "Character" like before would be, less exaggerated...

I wouldn't mind if "Hero" was a title of some kind, but every single character being a "hero" sounds like too much...

What do you people think?|||Don't really find it an issue personally...|||Character would be better, but maybe, your hero is destined to do heroic things it its future, so its appropriate!|||I prefer character. Hero just sounds like its trying too hard and comes off as corny.|||But you are the Heroine of the story so hero is actually correct. Through your heroic deeds you bring the story to a close and accomplish things within the sanctuary.

While character is what we refer to our toons outside the game within the confines of the game's story you are a hero.|||No, I prefer hero. That's what I want to be. Character is more appropriate to games where you are not heroic, but a cog in the machine. You know, the games with raids and that nonsense where your character is way too weak and pathetic to accomplish any great deeds without bringing two dozen of his closest friends to help him.

That's what's great about Diablo. You play a hero, not a character. You aren't a pansy. You can dive down into the depths of hell itself and face the greatest evil ever known to man all on your own.|||My characters won't be heros.

They will be dark knights.|||I agree with the OP in principle. I recall in act 4 in D2 that was the first time you were called Hero by one of the NPC's. One of the vendors called you that. I think it was the healer, forgot the name. Remember that? It felt kind of cool the first couple times you were called that.|||

A level 60 hero.|||Whoops. Joke wasn't good enough to double post.

No comments:

Post a Comment