Monday, April 16, 2012

I've been temp banned twice now on official d3 forums

All from this topic

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082213025

This guy thinks he has the power and WHOLE support of the community to help him to get Blizz to change the Witch Doctors resource colors etc.

I responded to him with a lot of criticism and many have joined and agreed with me. I did it very maturely and adult like. No, insults no nothing.

I also confronted him about his blatant bias on his "tallying" procedures and ignoring information that some Blues have stated about all the classes resource system.

I got banned for trolling / spamming for 1 day.

I returned to the thread making more points along with other individuals. All he did was call me a hypocrite (I have no idea why maybe his vocab doesn't go too far) and told everyone to report me.

I got banned again for trolling / spamming for 2 days now.

I'm kinda sad. Risingred can you cheer me up?|||lets be honest here... a Perm ban is coming shortly, you dont seem to get the subtle hint.

Blizzard is pro game designer. it's their game. they do not want to talk about design elements with a bunch of peoplewho dontmake games, and have not even played this game. I can see their point, and yours. But... Give it up|||I think I did not wash all the shampoo out of my hair when I finished my shower.

^^that's probably what all those threads about resource colors and labels sound like to the blizzard designers. IMO, the Witch Doctor's resource should be green, like bile, which is gross, but meh, WTF do I know? Nothing, that's what!

=)|||Quote:










I'm kinda sad. Risingred can you cheer me up?




Sure thing. Those forums are awful anyway and it seems like Blizzard wants to make it a place where no intelligent person wants to linger for more than a few moments.

It's like a nifty-looking version of twitter.|||Conspiracy theory: Original Poster on official forums is actually a blizz employee, plan was to change the name of the resource from the start, thread was made to be used later as a bullet point for "We listen to our community".

Justification: Mana** is a horrible name for a resource for a witch doctor. This is a huge oversight from a design standpoint and something that wouldn't have gone past the initial design stages of the Witch Doctor class development.

**Despite the textbook definition of mana and mojo, modern popular culture sees "mana" as a term used for wizards/sorcerers, and "mojo" as a term for non-high fantasy magical users, namely those involving voodoo, semi-religious magic, Deep South / Louisiana witches/shamans, etc etc.

Again, theory|||Quote:








Conspiracy theory: Original Poster on official forums is actually a blizz employee, plan was to change the name of the resource from the start, thread was made to be used later as a bullet point for "We listen to our community".

Justification: Mana** is a horrible name for a resource for a witch doctor. This is a huge oversight from a design standpoint and something that wouldn't have gone past the initial design stages of the Witch Doctor class development.

**Despite the textbook definition of mana and mojo, modern popular culture sees "mana" as a term used for wizards/sorcerers, and "mojo" as a term for non-high fantasy magical users, namely those involving voodoo, semi-religious magic, Deep South / Louisiana witches/shamans, etc etc.

Again, theory




OMG, you're just a plant so we dismiss this theory as ridiculous!|||I'm a plant ? Better get some |||Everyone put on your tin-foil hats!

Battle-net forum sucks anyway.|||After reading this, and RisingRed's old thread, I made this post, in the Website Features section.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123313105

This was basically as diplomatic as I could have possibly been, so if they ban me for that, then they really are just catering these forums for people who suck their dicks.|||Their moderators are trying too hard to keep it clean. I have no idea what are their "orders"... but it's definitely too much.

I am wondering if they are reading this forum ...

No comments:

Post a Comment