Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What are you looking forward to the most in Diablo III

For me, right off the top, I'd say it's how they plan to balance the game. With no potion spam (DII), and no thoughts to requiring a dedicated healer (WoW), The challenge won't have to be on a knife's edge to really challenge the players. I look forward to seeing how the game is balanced because of this.

I look forward to being THE hero again. I do play Diablo II a lot, still, and while Diablo II succeeded in that front, I also play WoW a lot and it suffers from the "I'll never be as powerful as Mary Sue" issue or games like LotRO, where it is silly to think you'll be as tough as Aragorn or as powerful as Gandolf.

I look forward to Blizzard actually making a playable Monk, after all the NPC monks in WoW and a third party playable monk in a third party Diablo Xpac.

Believe it or not, after playing yet another Diablo clone where I pour my skill points into A skill, I'm actually looking forward to picking my skills and running with it over picking which skills I want, and balancing which ones get to be more powerful, or being forced to pick one skill because I gotta keep putting points into it for it to keep up.

And probably most of all, I'm looking forward to slaying hordes upon hordes of Demons, without real need of a merc (ala DII) or overpowered story character (ala WoW), with only the assistance of other Players (heroes) such as myself.|||Rocking up at my mates house the weekend of/after release, setting up the PC's then having a huge BBQ and a few beers while we get sorted into teams and working out which toons we want to run with (depending on how many turn up .. hopefully 8). Final checks then getting sorted for some serious Diablo time after all these years!|||I'm mostly looking forward to playing the wizard and using all the different skills she has at her disposal, and destroying hordes of monsters at once. Of course, game play and game mechanics are another thing I am looking forward to learning about.|||looking forward to the thrill of playing hardcore hoping the game kicks my butt and makes me fear the monsters I will meet.

Also looking forward to wasting my day farming for yummies oh ya and playing with my old d2 buddy from 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment