Wednesday, April 18, 2012

no beta key for fans with few forum posts?

hi,



im really into diablo and consider myself as an expert and ill play the beta at least 2 hours a day on working days. but i have very few forum posts. so my question is if the fan site's beta keys will be given out only to really active community members? or will i get my key just if i am one of the fist lets say 50 posters and it doesnt matter how many posts i have?



btw i of course know that i dont have "a right" to play the beta and its only for the admins grace that a humble fan like me has the chance to play. ty



EDIT: maybe i didnt make clear enough that im talking only about the BETA KEYS THAT DIABLO.INCGAMERS WILL GET to give out to the fans here.|||The beta keys will be given to the people randomly selected by their system, the only key on selecting a beta tester they currently have is the hardware configuration (check your beta tester profile at battle.net account). I wouldn't recommend making useless posts on general forum cause this is the easy way of being marked as a spamer.|||Quote:








hi,



im really into diablo and consider myself as an expert and ill play the beta at least 2 hours a day on working days. but i have very few forum posts. so my question is if the fan site's beta keys will be given out only to really active community members? or will i get my key just if i am one of the fist lets say 50 posters and it doesnt matter how many posts i have?



btw i of course know that i dont have "a right" to play the beta and its only for the admins grace that a humble fan like me has the chance to play. ty




Beta testers are chosen at random from the pool of people who have active battle net accounts and that have "opted in" to the various betas; it is a short process which verifies your computer specs, and then you are in the rolls, for a random shot.

On top of that, Blizzard gives away keys in contests, they give some to fansites to give out, and so forth.

So, it doesn't really matter how much, or how little, you post on the main forums.

And Yab is faster than me.|||I don’t want to speak for flux but I will throw out my opinion on this which is IF this site receives beta keys to distribute among its fan base then I would assume some will be given to those who have helped the site, some to active posters who actually post worthwhile content, and then some will be giving away as prizes be it for storytelling, art, or just 100% random. However this is all based on this site actually getting beta invites and how many they end up getting|||There are a number of people here who bring a lot to the table, be it through discussions, finding news items, contributions to the site, etc. As Flux will likely admit, this site kind of gets shafted by Blizzard because they don't act like an unofficial "official" Diablo 3 site, so if there are beta keys provided they will likely be limited.

I've been here since shortly after the game was announced, but I'm not terribly active so I don't expect to get one, save getting lucky through some kind of lottery. If you want to increase your chances, participation in contests, discussions, and becoming an official supporter will probably help (but not guarantee, obviously).|||Quote:








I don�t want to speak for flux but I will throw out my opinion on this which is IF this site receives beta keys to distribute among its fan base then I would assume some will be given to those who have helped the site, some to active posters who actually post worthwhile content, and then some will be giving away as prizes be it for storytelling, art, or just 100% random. However this is all based on this site actually getting beta invites and how many they end up getting




Apoc pretty much nailed it. Flux posted something about it a few months ago (can't find it) that moderators and wiki contributors will be the first to get any keys the site receives. I'm sure there will also be some reserved for long time members that have been active in the community since the D2 days. Any remaining keys will probably get handed out via contests or lotteries.

And as sicilian pointed out, there is no guarantee that this site will get any keys at all given Blizzard's relationship towards Incgamers.|||Where are people getting their information from?

Anyway, we already figured out that incgamers is the bad boy of the D3 community for not totally-and-always kissing Bashiok's ***. |||Ah well... incgamers being the bad boy of D3 forums is why I like this place...


Quote:








some to active posters who actually post worthwhile content




Man... it's quite bad that those two things don't seem to go well together at this forum... Just kidding people, don't worry... although there is some degree of truth to what I have said, but don't mind me people|||i also want to point out that i am the apocalypse and that should guarantee me a beta spot. in fact i should get like 6 or 7 keys from bliz to pass out myself because, well, because i am me. just saying|||I guess we better start kissing your a** Apocalypse... Not me, of course! Cuz my daddy works at blizz and i'm already in the beta!

P.S. I wish ...

No comments:

Post a Comment