Wednesday, April 18, 2012

no beta key for fans with few forum posts? - Page 3

Quote:








However I find it best to make sure that the biggest part of the keys go to people who are willing to put time in looking for bugsor gameplay issues, because thats what beta's are for not for people who are just impatient. You should be impatient and willing to contribute




I'm pretty sure Blizzard will kind of balance that by distributing more keys, in waves, if they need more online players / feedbacks. But I understand/agree with your point, that it would be better if the majority of people who got Beta keys would actually take the time to properly test the game and report problems.|||Quote:








IF we see some sort of key lottery in the future this site must avoid giving those keys to members that joined just because of the lottery. A simple join date restriction is enough to avoid those beta zombies. That is my only concern.




i agree. i prefer it goes to active members who have contributed to the site and or forums through out|||Quote:








i agree. i prefer it goes to active members who have contributed to the site and or forums through out




Yes. Quoted for truth. And giving it to the members who are ardent supporters or detractors of the choices Blizz has made would be great since we can get feedback thats actually based on 1st hand accounts.

I myself am not sweating over being chosen. i'd be a horrible tester. Im more of a "ooooh whats that? Shiny!!!" and "you know, that thingamajig about whositsname is like, totally.. yeahhh" type of player. Itd be like working with a baked out guy|||Quote:




The whole point in having a giveaway is to reward regular site readers, while also trying to draw in new people. I'm sure we'll see dozens of sites/companies running D3 beta ticket contests, (we'll have a D3 beta center with links to every place you can possibly get a ticket) and I doubt anyone will be like, "only people with over 1000 posts and 4 years forum membership are eligible."




Yeah, being someone who's had a membership for years and years, and lurks, posts in spurts, and accesses on and off, I would have an awful lot to say all of a sudden. Of course, with the beta and game release being closer, I might just wind up having more to say anyway. And hopefully even more to say if I am one who actually does get in the beta. Truth be told though, I'd imagine I'd have less to say, because I'll be too busy playing the beta.|||I should get one becuase I'm just that cool|||I could have sworn I read a blue from Bashiok stating that every post you make on diabloincgamers reduces your chances of getting into the beta by -.02%. |||Quote:








thx to everyone who helped me here

in this case im going to make accounts on the fawnsites and participate in contests.

btw i really hope this site will be the nexus of D3 info (items, builds, forums...) because ppl here are soooo coooool

hf




Over the years I have made several accounts with this site each time I got seriously back into playing diablo ( forget my logins, pwds etc)

Ppl here are cool and helpful I agree and once the new game is released you will actually see how much more helpful this site is in comparison to the actual battlenet forums provided that history repeats itself.

This site has pretty much been going strong even through the quiet times and imo is the best as most of its users are real Diablo veterans.

Its not one of those last minute 'OMG D3 is coming out quick make website hopefully we can profit by pretending we know our stuff and make derp utube vids' sites, if you know what i mean

No comments:

Post a Comment