Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inferno like D1?

I wonder if the inferno difficulty will bring us back to a D1 difficulty level.

Will we be slowly moving around hell, trying not to get attacked by more than a couple of monsters at a time? Diablo 2 definetly lacked the feeling that you had to be very careful with crowd control.

D1 was still slow strategic going, no matter what items you had and you had to tailor the skills you used to the monsters you were dealing with.

This would be a big incentive for me to play hardcore.|||I sure hope it takes at least "skill" to make a solid run in inferno. I would like inferno to be like Blood moore runs the first month. WTF this is hard. This Item inflation debate could be put to rest if you really NEEDED to be THAT good/geared to play inferno. I really hope it doesnt turn into 3 OP specs for inferno. I didnt notice any specific "Elemental attacks" for certain Immunities. IE no Berzerk for barbs or to a lesser extent, monks.|||I remember first time i had d2 xpack installed, eben if my bow was one of the best, act 5 was soooooooooo hard !!!! I mean it took so many arrows to killed a monster.

Good memories |||Inferno is equivalent to being level 99 in Diablo 2 with monsters being level 103.|||Quote:








I remember first time i had d2 xpack installed, eben if my bow was one of the best, act 5 was soooooooooo hard !!!! I mean it took so many arrows to killed a monster.

Good memories




Yeah, I remember my sorc doing basically no damage in act 5. I hope it's more of a crowd control, positioning, and skill sequence difficulty vs just not doing enough damage.|||Games get easier with time, not harder. There is a zero percent chance that anything in D3 is harder than D1.|||A legit mage can absolutely destroy Hell in D1. A legit warrior on the other hand has a harder time, but I wouldn't call D1 harder than D2 Hell.|||Quote:








A legit mage can absolutely destroy Hell in D1. A legit warrior on the other hand has a harder time, but I wouldn't call D1 harder than D2 Hell.




I think what he means is if you get attacked by 3 or more monsters at once you're probably dead in D1, because enemy stats are a lot closer to your stats. Whereas in say D2, enemy stats are lower than yours by a fairly substantial amount, so they're only dangerous in large numbers.

So in D1 you have to play slow and careful, whereas D2 is only difficult because your gear sucks.|||Quote:








Will we be slowly moving around hell, trying not to get attacked by more than a couple of monsters at a time? Diablo 2 definetly lacked the feeling that you had to be very careful with crowd control.

D1 was still slow strategic going, no matter what items you had and you had to tailor the skills you used to the monsters you were dealing with.

This would be a big incentive for me to play hardcore.




Jayseus! This brought me back to a losing battle in D1 Level 6 with a freakin' HORDE of acid beasts... OMG, the HORROR! STOP SPITTING ON ME!!!! *PTSD'd*

Ha! I'ma go play again...|||Quote:




Will we be slowly moving around hell, trying not to get attacked by more than a couple of monsters at a time?




The opposite, actually. Diablo 3 is (theoretically) designed to make you move, think, and react fast. I would be surprised if we are allowed to engage enemies a few at a time or be able to kite them without skill use.

No comments:

Post a Comment