Monday, April 16, 2012

Is this the calm before the storm?

So it is really quite on the forums lately, perhaps a big announcement is about to be made?|||If you think it's quiet now, you should've been here a year ago. :)|||Quote:








If you think it's quiet now, you should've been here a year ago.




Very true. I think the rate of new forum threads was roughly 1-2 per month. Extremely dry.

There was constant 'witty banter' on the Blizzard D3 General Discussion forum though. Which, now, seems to be dead. Most of the regulars for the past 3 years are gone and it's filled with more crap than usual. Oh well.|||Still - surely the beta will begin this week?|||Quote:








Still - surely the beta will begin this week?




I don't think so. My personal bet is 2nd half of September.

As a side note, I think there is something in what Bashiok said lately - about high hopes and all that excitement about beta. I watch people going mad about beta these days. They don't seem to realise that this test will be very limited in number of invitations and all their hopes and expectations about beta participation may be illusory. And the storm? Yes, I think it's coming. I only hope it won't bring a flood of whines "why, oh why, I didn't get into the beta!".|||I will of course be sad about not being invited if that is the case, but as I know this site will be FULL of screenshots, abilities, videos I just want the beta to start right now!|||It's quite because they're on holiday of some sort.

Laborday if im correct.|||Quote:








I don't think so. My personal bet is 2nd half of September.

As a side note, I think there is something in what Bashiok said lately - about high hopes and all that excitement about beta. I watch people going mad about beta these days. They don't seem to realise that this test will be very limited in number of invitations and all their hopes and expectations about beta participation may be illusory. And the storm? Yes, I think it's coming. I only hope it won't bring a flood of whines "why, oh why, I didn't get into the beta!".




I don't know, I'm beyond hyped for the Beta. But not because I have a chance of getting in, but because I have a chance to finally see all of the smaller stuff that blizz doesn't really comment on. For example -

2010 Blizzcon demo had the monster health at the top of the screen again, is this staying? I like it that way, for some odd reason.

Ambience and the music/sound effects in general, can't wait to hear these. Those two things make up Diablo just as much as Satan himself.

Random unique monster names, are they ridiculous/borderline retarded like in D2? I loved the over the top names they had, and while I'm confident they'll keep em', I can't wait to see some.

Item properties, skills, monster behavior, options, random content, etc.

Stoked!|||Im excited for the beta aswell. Im not going to be playing in the beta, but there will surely be plenty of barbarian gameplay videos uploaded on youtube shortly after.|||Quote:








So it is really quite on the forums lately, perhaps a big announcement is about to be made?




Its the calm before the labour day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment