Monday, April 16, 2012

Confirmed: no LAN play - Page 2

Asmodeous, Titan Quest has LAN. I played it with my little brother all the time. :x At the very least I know for a fact it had some sort of TCP/IP which can be used for LAN.

But I do agree that no LAN in Diablo 3 = failure.|||Quote:




You can't do that with b.net 2.0, so its not always 'better'.




sure you can.. laptop + mobilephone.

Those WOw players probably haven't bought the game or don't want to pay monthly fees and they wanna play it but since it has no singleplayer they have to crack the game so they can do it in LAN.. yea must be nice to play MMO with what 10 people instead of thousands..|||I think todays games should be expanding players options not limiting it. I see no reason why there shouldn't be lan included, its not like LAN entices players away from B.net where there are thousands of players to trade and play with.

Though, I do hope they implement a P2P system to keep hacks, cheats, abuse, and server latency down. No more than 5$.

I hate to make generalities and assertions of a particular group, but, the teen years are turmoil, and kids tend to not have the best judgement or experience, so anything that limits the amount of Immature kids out of the game is a plus to me. (I hate Xbox live for this reason, even though you can mute, they are highly annoying and obnoxious)

Now I know there are tons of mature younger players out there and I would not want to impede on you being able to play the game, however, that said I would also like to not pay more car insurance because my fellow younger guys are too stupid and or suck too much at driving, but such is life everything cannot be fair. (Damn you car insurance companies, why the magical age of 25 lessons your car insurance *raises fist*)|||Quote:








Battlenet 2.0 > all those other online systems and LAN.

You can "LAN" even in battlenet.. make own channel and private games .. tada.




Can't connect to Battle.net at a LAN Party'd in a school, church, veteran's hall, or some kind of community hall that doesn't have internet access.|||Quote:








sure you can.. laptop + mobilephone.

Those WOw players probably haven't bought the game or don't want to pay monthly fees and they wanna play it but since it has no singleplayer they have to crack the game so they can do it in LAN.. yea must be nice to play MMO with what 10 people instead of thousands..




If they had a soloable version of the game, I'd dig it. I never really felt all the other people really enhanced gameplay, except when I was griefing people or trading.|||WHAT???

I'm sitting her, An owner (At one point) of WC1/2/3/D1/D2/SC1 - And all their respective expansions. The problem is that I'm limited to a 56k Connection.

If there is no LAN Play... That will be SO not cool!|||Quote:








Can't connect to Battle.net at a LAN Party'd in a school, church, veteran's hall, or some kind of community hall that doesn't have internet access.




Your school don't have internet ? lol Every LAN I've been at we have an internet access too.. I'd rather be at home where I can browse internet every now and then, than being at LAN where I have no internet, well I guess I could browse internet with my cell phone tho.


Quote:




If they had a soloable version of the game, I'd dig it. I never really felt all the other people really enhanced gameplay, except when I was griefing people or trading.




I guess u have missed the point of the MMO's beating the game with big groups 25+.. hard to do it solo If that game had single player it would be a very short joy.. after you hit level 60 thats pretty much it, since you cant solo any dungeons etc.|||You have got to be kidding me.....

****ing Blizzard are turning into EA.|||Nah, EA's problem are its ****ty games and its 2 year dev cycle.

Blizzard makes quality games, blizzard is in no way turning into EA.

Some people are so cynical it makes me laugh.|||Quote:








WHAT???

I'm sitting her, An owner (At one point) of WC1/2/3/D1/D2/SC1 - And all their respective expansions. The problem is that I'm limited to a 56k Connection.

If there is no LAN Play... That will be SO not cool!




I played D2 with 56k before I got better connection. Didn't really bother me..

No comments:

Post a Comment