Monday, April 16, 2012

The stash in Hardcore

Anyone else think the stash will be an awesome utility for Hardcore? I can't see any reason now to lose gear aside from what you are wearing. No matter how often I would mule in D2 when I died I had something on me I was about to use or wanted to use later. Now that will be obsolete, Find an item place it in stash retrieve later. Any other ideas for how that stash will affect your hardcore gameplay?|||What tells you you are going to be able to access the shared stash after death?

Maybe it's just locked?|||Yeah, if you keep everything but what you are wearing in the shared stash you should not lose it.|||Somewhat off topic but there will be far more to lose in D3 then D2, at least if I understand the artisan system correctly. In D2 you could lose your charms and merc gear which ofc hurt but imagine losing a max level artisan with tons of recipes learnt. That will be far more costly and not as easily replaced. Guessing the way to combat this though will be to retire a few of your characters to only function as artisan machines, not risking losing them in PvM. So you can safely invest in recipes for them. If artisan gear is tradeable that is. If it's not you will have to level artisans on all your toons.|||Is shared stash even confirmed when playing HC?|||What's gone is gone. That is hardcore mentality.

Live to survive, mourn your loss and the ride to hell newly born!

The stash might be able to compensate a bit for loss, but retire characters just to save upon hard earned artisans. Hm, hm, no like. Though the temptation would be there.|||We really don't know much about Hardcore. From what i've surmised we will have a shared stash just as Softcore does, but you are right about losing the artisans, which i'm okay with.|||Quote:








What tells you you are going to be able to access the shared stash after death?

Maybe it's just locked?




that's kinda the opposite of what "shared stash" means isn't it ?

I have 10 HC chars, one dies and now none of my other HC chars can access it?|||Quote:








that's kinda the opposite of what "shared stash" means isn't it ?

I have 10 HC chars, one dies and now none of my other HC chars can access it?




I my have misunderstood the question, if it is a stash, one per account yes the items would stay.

But I got to the assumption that every character still has it's own stash, and you can access it from the other ones. In that case - I assumed it will be lost.|||Chars have a personal stash, and then there's an account-wide shared stash. Which is one page to start, but can be enlarged up to 5 pages for gold. I'm sure that only HC chars share a stash, and only SC chars share a stash. I mean duh.

I think teh shared stash will lead to some hedging of bets for HC chars. If you know you're going to a really dangerous area, won't you trade off some equipment? Stick some of your best/rarest gear into the shared stash and put on almost as good stuff you won't mind losing? Remove MF stuff and put on survival stuff? Etc?

This was an option in D2, of course, but unless you had 2 computers with active accounts and could effortlessly log them both on and then switch gear back and forth, it wasn't worth the trouble.

At any rate I will enjoy the ability to mule instantly. Some of my most painful memories of HC death in D2 came when my MFers died with a stash full of great stuff I hadn't had a chance to mule yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment