Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Red-outline haters, rejoice! - Page 2

I believe it is my right to not care about everything! You wanna make something of it?|||Quote:








Which broll are you referring to, Yovargas?




I guess he was talking about the latest official beta footage. At 0:32 you can the red outline as a selection effect, but later in the video (for example at 3:49) you can see that it changes to a red hue on the monsters.

Since JudgeHype didn't see any options regarding the selection effect in the beta build that was shown to the press (you can read his report here) I think the most likely reason for the discrepancy seen in the beta footage is that different builds were used to record the various scenes. Ofcourse it may be possible to change the red outline to something else in the final version of the game, but this video is certainly not a proof of that.|||Quote:








The last gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvIihHL4CE

The most obvious one to me is the two Monk clips starting at 3:25. The 1st has the outline all over the place (and is a confusing mess, IMO) and the 2nd one doesn't (and is so much easier to read!).




What's hilarious is that I didn't even notice the outline in the first place in the video. >.>

I wouldn't take this as proof that there is a toggle on it. Perhaps it was a bug. In all of the other gameplay videos, it doesn't show because the UI isn't turned on. But in this one tiny clip it does? I dunno.

But a toggle, or options for it, nothing wrong with that.

There was a very similar argument that got fairly heated in the Deus Ex boards before the last game came out, and the devs posted that, basically "we heard you and have decided to add options for it" and everyone threw things up into the air and celebrated with beer and buttsecks.

I don't mind it myself (it's there in PoE and I would even go so far as to call it necessary) but I wouldn't want to restrict any options for other people.|||I hink this is very much dependent on personal choice so it would be great that there's an option for it.

I'd like a very thin outline, but till i play i don't know what i'll choose from the available options.|||i think the red marking seems nice because i dunno what i'm targetting sometimes|||IF you can code "Outline = True" you might as well type "Outline = False"

Games are based on options and variables, why remove them?

This is good news.|||More options generally means more flexibility. And i'm all for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment